Janet Jones, a professional dancer with classical ballet training and former Miami Heat dancer, created The Vixen Workout, a female-only fitness class, inspired by a desire to provide an outlet for women to escape their busy lives and let loose.
The intense, 60-minute cardio, hip-hop dance sweat session takes its cues from a club atmosphere, while providing a supportive, confidence-boosting environment for women to shake it. Robin was originally hired to promote a 5-city Vixen Workout college tour throughout the state of Florida. Creating instant results (she was hired just one-week out from launch), she has provided PR services ever since and is the driving force behind the phenomenal exposure this brand continues to receive.
Nothing less than a full on media explosion, spurred by a half-page feature in The New York Times Thursday style section. Coverage in sought-after magazines including Latina, Allure and Glamour attest that editors absolutely love Janet’s “Girl’s night out in a club-like workout environment” concept. Public relations helped to generate more than just buzz, but a true movement of motivated women, known as the #VIXENARMY, who spread the word through social media. Best yet, the workout that got its start in Miami has expanded rapidly taking off across the country and the business is thriving.
Additional highlights include:
- Associated Press follows Janet Jones for two days resulting in a story package with an article and video picked up by more than 100 publications
- USA Today notes The Vixen Workout as “The Workout That Makes Moves On Women’s Self Esteem
- Multi-page spread in Glamour’s Glam Belezza Latina, Latina,Vogue Brazil
- New York Magazine calls The Vixen Workout, “The Workout that Makes you Feel like Beyonce” .
- Racked National calls The Vixen Workout the “Freshest Fitness Launch” 2014
- Partnered with Cover Girl for a NYC Press Tour that caught the attention (and attendance) of more than 30 fitness, lifestyle and beauty editors
- 5-city College Tour across Florida resulted in local broadcast and print coverage in every city
The Vixen Workout says:
Robin Diamond is a girl’s best friend. She helped take the Vixen Workout from a rump-shaking grassroots movement in Miami to a brand that’s being talked about nationally. She’s the ultimate package: ultra-professional, intelligent, and above all kind-hearted. She’s someone you want to work with all day and still hang out with at night, she’s the “baddest” in the best way possible.